The Bristol Standard is a self-evaluation framework for Early Years, which ensures that we continually reflect on our practice. The framework identifies good practice and covers ten areas:
- Values and Aims
- Relationships and Interactions
- Supporting Play, Learning and Development
- The Physical Environment
- Play and Learning Experiences
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Staffing, Leadership and Management
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Partnership with Parents & the Local Community
- Monitoring and Evaluation
The certificate is awarded to settings who have shown that they are committed to developing their practice and improving quality for children and their families. A new portfolio of evidence has to be submitted for assessment each year. We are very proud to have been involved with The Bristol Standard since 2002.
If you have any questions, please ask a member of staff.
More information can be found on Bristol Council’s Bristol Standard page.